Servo motor maintenance and safety measures
I. Precautions for transportation, installation and storage
1) When removing or placing the servo motor, do not drag the motor by pulling the wire or hold the rotating core only.
2) Do not hit the core directly, e.g., knocking or pounding, as this may cause damage to the core and the encoder attached to the opposite side of the core.
3) Do not apply loads to the shaft core, either axially or radially, that exceed the range specified in the specifications.
4) The structure of the shaft end of the servo motor is not waterproof and is not oil-proof. Therefore, do not use or install the servo motor in places with water droplets, oily liquids, or excessive humidity, or in environments with corrosive or flammable gases.
5) Store the servo motor in a place free from moisture, dust, harmful and corrosive gases and liquids.
6) Servo motor shaft material is not rust-proof, although the factory has applied grease to protect against rust, but if the storage time exceeds six months, to ensure that the shaft core from rust, please regularly check the shaft core condition every three months and replenish the appropriate anti-rust grease at the appropriate time.
7) Do not store the servo motor in a place where the vibration level exceeds the specification.
8) Make sure that the storage environment of the servo motor conforms to the environmental specifications stated in the manual.
9) Since the servo motor contains a precision encoder, please prepare sufficient measures to prevent electromagnetic noise interference, vibration and abnormal temperature changes.
II. Unpacking and Inspection
After receiving the AC servo motor, please check the following matters immediately.
1) Please check whether there is any abnormality in the appearance of AC servo motor.
2) Please check whether there is any damage to the AC servo motor.
3) Please check whether the wiring is destroyed or not, and whether it can be connected and used.
4) Please check whether the servo motor model number is the same as the registered data in the outer box.
1) If the current flow exceeds the allowable zui current in the specification, the internal magnetic components of the motor may be demagnetized.
2) Please check if the motor wiring and brake voltage are correct, and make sure that the power and signal cables connected to the encoder are correct. Incorrect wiring may cause the motor to operate improperly, or may result in motor failure or damage.
3) The motor power cable must be separated from the encoder power and signal cables to prevent voltage coupling and noise (do not connect the two in the same circuit).
4) The AC servo motor ground terminal must be properly grounded.
5) Never subject the encoder terminals to a voltage test, as such a test may harm the encoder.
6) When performing a voltage test on the motor or brake, disconnect the power to the external controller first. If not necessary, do not perform this type of test as it may damage the life of the product.
IV. Operating Precautions
1) The AC servo motor is operated by an exclusive driver. Do not connect a commercial power supply (100/200V, 50/60Hz) directly to the servo motor circuit, otherwise the servo motor will not operate properly and cause permanent damage to the servo motor.
2) Please use the product within the specification of the servo motor. Pay special attention to the temperature of the motor must be within the specified range.
3) The material of the servo motor shaft core is not rust-proof. To ensure long-term use, the shaft core must be coated with appropriate rust-proof grease during operation.
4) The built-in brake is a holding brake and should not be used directly to stop the motor. Please note that the holding brake is not a safe mechanical stopping device and a safety stop mechanism should be installed at the machine end. When the brake is on hold, there will still be backlash and the maximum angle of backlash is 1 to 2 degrees. In addition, when the motor with brakes is running, the brakes will sometimes produce a sound (rustling, clicking, etc.), which is caused by the structure of the brake module, not a defective situation, and will not affect the motor function.
5) When any abnormal odor, noise, smoke, heat or abnormal vibration is detected, please stop the motor immediately and turn off the power.
V. Other precautions
1) AC servo motor does not have regular wear parts.
2) Do not disassemble the servo motor or replace the motor parts.
3) Do not disassemble the servo motor, otherwise the product warranty will be void.
4) Unauthorized disassembly of the servo motor may result in permanent motor failure and damage.
5) Do not allow any water drops or oil to splash or drip on the product.